There are schools offering art classes in Iowa!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Iowa
Luther College, which is located in Decorah, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a art program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with a degree in art from Luther College in 2010. Luther College charged in-state students $33,480 in tuition fees per year.
Cornell College, which is located in Mount Vernon, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a art program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in art from Cornell College in 2010. Cornell College charged in-state students $31,050 in tuition fees per year.
Coe College, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a art program. It is located in Cedar Rapids. 9 students graduated with degree in art from Coe College in 2010. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Art schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $19,000 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,482 per year, or as little as $3,204 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Grinnell College - located in Grinnell, students are charged $37,482 per year
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
An art degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa art graduates become artists. In 2010, there were 60 artists working in Iowa. The Iowa counties with the largest populations of artists are:
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 230 artists will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of artists to grow by 6%.
On average, artists earn $42,800 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in art and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Art in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Iowa
- Certificate in Art in Iowa
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||150||$56,660||150.0%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||60||$42,800||-57.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Iowa