There are schools offering biology degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in Iowa
Luther College, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a biology program. It is located in Decorah. 52 students graduated with a degree in biology from Luther College in 2010. Tuition at Luther College was $33,480 per year.
Cornell College, which is located in Mount Vernon, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a biology program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with degree in biology from Cornell College in 2010. Cornell College charged in-state students $31,050 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a biology program is Coe College. Coe College, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar Rapids. 11 students graduated with degree in biology from Coe College in 2010. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's biology schools ranges from $37,482 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $18,687 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa biology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Grinnell College - located in Grinnell, students are charged $37,482 per year
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
The biology schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
For more data regarding a career in biology in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Biology in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in Iowa
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Soil and Plant Scientists||1,430||$66,190||47.4%|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||320||$63,050|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||160||$67,870||45.5%|
|Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists||120||$56,480||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in Iowa