There are schools offering business management courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in Iowa
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Iowa students graduate with degrees in business management. That means an estimated 91 business administrators graduate from Iowa's 11 business management schools each year.
Dordt College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a business management program. It is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, no students graduated from Dordt College's business management program. Students at Dordt College paid $23,180 per year in tuition fees.
University of Iowa, which is located in Iowa City, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with degree in business management from University of Iowa in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Iowa was $7,417 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a business management program is Iowa State University. Iowa State University, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Ames. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Iowa State University business management program. Tuition at Iowa State University was $6,997 per year.
Business management schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $12,209 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,910 per year, or as little as $3,750 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa business management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
- Dordt College - located in Sioux Center, students are charged $23,180 per year
- Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $15,372 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
A business management degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business management school in Iowa go on to work as a business administrator. In 2010, there were 3,040 business administrators working in Iowa. In Iowa, the largest numbers of business administrators work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 1,030 business administrators
- Benton County - 630 business administrators
- Appanoose County - 340 business administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,240 business administrators will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of business administrators to grow by 11%.
A business administrator in Iowa earns $79,770 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. business administrators in Iowa had varying salaries from $29,080 to $137,380 per year in 2010. On average a business administrator earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Benton County - $92,510 per year
- Dallas County - $87,940 per year
- Story County - $86,920 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for business administrators are:
- Adair County - $59,170 per year
- Allamakee County - $62,820 per year
- Buena Vista County - $64,010 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in business management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or construction management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Management in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Business Management in Iowa
- Certificate in Business Management in Iowa
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||3,090||$81,100||-12.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,040||$79,770||10.9%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||190||$82,890||-45.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in Iowa