There are schools offering business degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Iowa
Luther College, which is located in Decorah, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a business program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 75 students graduated with a degree in business from Luther College in 2010. Students at Luther College paid $33,480 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a business program is Cornell College. Cornell College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Vernon. Cornell College charged in-state students $31,050 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a business program is Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 56 students graduated with degree in business from Coe College in 2010. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Business schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $15,554 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,480 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Iowa business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
The following Iowa business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A business degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Many Iowa business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. In 2010, there were 49,960 business professional working in Iowa, including 3,740 business analysts, 2,260 chief executive officers, and 12,340 operations managers. In Iowa, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 18,940 business professionals
- Scott County - 6,080 business professionals
- Benton County - 5,590 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Iowa will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 61,120 business professionals working in Iowa. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 44% by 2018.
business professionals in Iowa earn $75,560 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Iowa business professional earned as little as less than $19,510 per year or as much as more than $163,860 per year. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Story County - $85,370 per year
- Benton County - $83,843 per year
- Dallas County - $80,487 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Buena Vista County - $67,447 per year
- Allamakee County - $70,843 per year
- Black Hawk County - $71,108 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Iowa were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $149,770 per year
- Operations Manager - $100,300 per year
- Financial Manager - $97,970 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Cost Estimator - $53,830 per year
- Credit Counselor - $36,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Business in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Iowa
- Certificate in Business in Iowa
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||12,340||$100,300||5.9%|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,580||$60,840||0.6%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,040||$79,770||10.9%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,360||$66,200||74.4%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,240||$80,720||55.0%|
|Human Resources Managers||580||$90,930|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Iowa