There are schools offering carpentry programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Iowa
Northwest Iowa Community College, which is located in Sheldon, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northwest Iowa Community College graduated 6 students from its carpentry program. Tuition at Northwest Iowa Community College was $4,620 per year.
Southwestern Community College, which is located in Creston, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southwestern Community College graduated 14 students from its carpentry program. Southwestern Community College charged in-state students $4,020 in tuition fees per year.
Iowa Lakes Community College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a carpentry program. It is located in Estherville. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Iowa Lakes Community College carpentry program. Students at Iowa Lakes Community College paid $4,876 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's carpentry schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,079 per year, though tuition can range from $4,876 per year to $3,204 per year. The Iowa carpentry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- Northwest Iowa Community College - located in Sheldon, students are charged $4,620 per year
The carpentry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
A carpentry certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa carpentry graduates become carpenters. 7,180 carpenters were working in Iowa in 2010. The Iowa counties with the largest populations of carpenters are:
- Dallas County - 1,860 carpenters
- Appanoose County - 1,130 carpenters
- Scott County - 800 carpenters
The government projects that by 2018, the number of carpenters in the state of Iowa will grow to 18,330. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
A carpenter in Iowa makes an average of $36,410 per year. However, Iowa carpenters earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,650 per year to more than $61,670 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for carpenters:
- Scott County - $42,090 per year
- Benton County - $40,470 per year
- Story County - $38,870 per year
A carpenter in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allamakee County - $27,730 per year
- Buena Vista County - $31,220 per year
- Adair County - $32,540 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in carpentry. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in Iowa
- Certificate in Carpentry in Iowa
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||1,210||$29,570||-50.8%|
|Woodworkers, All Other||320||$25,560||166.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Iowa