There are schools offering computer programming courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Iowa
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Iowa graduates receive degrees in computer programming. In other words, every year an estimated 83 computer programmers graduate from Iowa's 15 computer programming schools.
Grand View University, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a computer programming program. It is located in Des Moines. 2 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from Grand View University in 2010. The tuition rate at Grand View University was $20,292 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a computer programming program is Kaplan University-Davenport Campus, which is located in Davenport. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Kaplan University-Davenport Campus in 2010. Kaplan University-Davenport Campus charged in-state students $15,627 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a computer programming program is Morningside College, which is located in Sioux City. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Morningside College in 2010. The tuition rate at Morningside College was $22,980 per year.
Computer programming schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $9,051 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $22,980 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Iowa computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Morningside College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $22,980 per year
- Grand View University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $20,292 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Clive, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
A computer programming degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a computer programmer. If you decide to work as a computer programmer in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,080 Iowa computer programmers as of 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 1,240 computer programmers
- Benton County - 650 computer programmers
- Scott County - 360 computer programmers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer programmers is expected to shrink by -3% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,760 computer programmers working in the Iowa then.
On average, computer programmers earn $64,550 per year. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a computer programmer are:
- Woodbury County - $71,370 per year
- Dallas County - $70,290 per year
- Adair County - $69,440 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Dubuque County - $46,540 per year
- Allamakee County - $56,620 per year
- Benton County - $58,870 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Iowa
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Iowa
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||90||$57,740||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Iowa