There are schools offering construction management certificates in Iowa!
Schools Offering Construction Management Programs in Iowa
Around 0.1% of Iowa's graduates graduate from construction management degree programs every year. Thus, Iowa's 13 construction management schools put out approximately 107 construction managers each year.
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a construction management program is Dordt College. Dordt College, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, Dordt College graduated no students from its construction management program. Tuition at Dordt College was $23,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a construction management program is University of Northern Iowa. University of Northern Iowa, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar Falls. In 2010, University of Northern Iowa graduated 19 students from its construction management program. The tuition rate at University of Northern Iowa was $7,008 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a construction management program is Northwest Iowa Community College, which is located in Sheldon. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, Northwest Iowa Community College graduated 18 students from its construction management programs. Tuition at Northwest Iowa Community College was $4,620 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's construction management schools ranges from $23,180 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,936 per year. The Iowa construction management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dordt College - located in Sioux Center, students are charged $23,180 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Clive, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
The construction management schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
A construction management degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from construction management school in Iowa go on to work as a construction manager. In 2010, there were 1,900 construction managers working in Iowa. In Iowa, the largest numbers of construction managers work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 510 construction managers
- Scott County - 220 construction managers
- Appanoose County - 190 construction managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,180 construction managers will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of construction managers to grow by 15%.
A construction manager in Iowa makes an average of $79,320 per year. But, salaries for construction managers can vary. In 2010, construction managers made as little as less than $33,590 per year or as much as more than $146,930 per year in Iowa. On average a construction manager earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Benton County - $110,150 per year
- Woodbury County - $93,850 per year
- Story County - $90,920 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for construction managers are:
- Buena Vista County - $60,930 per year
- Adair County - $66,100 per year
- Dubuque County - $67,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in construction management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or real estate.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management in Iowa
- Certificate in Construction Management in Iowa
Curious what studying Construction Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||4,380||$55,200||-3.7%|
|Construction and Building Inspectors||680||$48,090||-10.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are construction management related jobs in Iowa