There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a dental assistant program is Vatterott College. Vatterott College, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Des Moines. 24 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Vatterott College in 2010. Tuition at Vatterott College was $11,306 per year.
Des Moines Area Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Ankeny. In 2010, Des Moines Area Community College graduated 38 students from its dental assistant program. Students at Des Moines Area Community College paid $3,750 per year in tuition fees.
Hawkeye Community College, which is located in Waterloo, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Hawkeye Community College dental assistant program. The tuition rate at Hawkeye Community College was $3,752 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,630 per year, though tuition can range from $11,306 per year to $3,204 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Vatterott College - located in Des Moines, students are charged $11,306 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- Iowa Western Community College - located in Council Bluffs, students are charged $3,960 per year
The following Iowa dental assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Iowa go on to work as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 2,730 dental assistants working in Iowa. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa dental assistants:
- Dallas County - 490 dental assistants
- Scott County - 340 dental assistants
- Buena Vista County - 320 dental assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental assistants is expected to grow by 31% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,770 dental assistants working in the Iowa then.
On average, dental assistants earn $33,900 per year. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $20,740 per year or as much as more than $53,740 per year in Iowa. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a dental assistant are:
- Dallas County - $38,070 per year
- Black Hawk County - $38,050 per year
- Benton County - $36,350 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Adair County - $27,540 per year
- Woodbury County - $30,080 per year
- Scott County - $30,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Iowa
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Iowa
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||430||$37,410||13.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Iowa