There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Iowa!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Iowa
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Iowa students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. Thus, Iowa's 9 early childhood education schools put out approximately 117 early childhood education professionals each year.
Grand View University, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, Grand View University graduated no students from its early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Grand View University was $20,292 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a early childhood education program is University of Iowa, which is located in Iowa City. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. The tuition rate at University of Iowa was $7,417 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a early childhood education program is Iowa State University. Iowa State University, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Ames. 39 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Iowa State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Iowa State University was $6,997 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's early childhood education schools ranges from $26,275 per year to $3,913 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,904 per year. The Iowa early childhood education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Loras College - located in Dubuque, students are charged $26,275 per year
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
- Iowa Wesleyan College - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $22,050 per year
The early childhood education schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- North Iowa Area Community College - located in Mason City, students are charged $3,913 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Many Iowa early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. If you decide to work as an early childhood education professional in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 24,560 Iowa early childhood education professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,220 preschool teachers, 1,350 kindergarten teachers, and 19,280 elementary school teachers. The largest populations of Iowa early childhood education professional are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 5,170 early childhood education professionals
- Appanoose County - 4,240 early childhood education professionals
- Buena Vista County - 3,510 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Iowa will grow to 32,620. This would require a 14% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Iowa make an average of $37,765 per year. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Iowa had varying salaries from $15,910 to $91,070 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for early childhood education professionals:
- Dallas County - $43,035 per year
- Benton County - $40,093 per year
- Appanoose County - $38,573 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Dubuque County - $29,810 per year
- Buena Vista County - $33,883 per year
- Allamakee County - $34,743 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Iowa were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $44,040 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $43,100 per year
- Preschool Director - $35,990 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Preschool Director - $35,990 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $27,930 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in early childhood education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Iowa
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Iowa
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||19,280||$44,040||8.8%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||3,220||$27,930||0.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,350||$43,100||-11.8%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||710||$35,990||22.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Iowa