There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Iowa
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Iowa graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Iowa's 11 educational leadership schools put out approximately 343 educational leadership professonals each year.
Dordt College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, Dordt College graduated 2 students from its educational leadership program. Tuition at Dordt College was $23,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a educational leadership program is Buena Vista University, which is located in Storm Lake. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, Buena Vista University graduated 12 students from its educational leadership program. Students at Buena Vista University paid $26,306 per year in tuition fees.
University of Iowa, which is located in Iowa City, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Iowa was $7,417 per year.
Educational leadership schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $19,026 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,960 per year, or as little as $6,997 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Buena Vista University - located in Storm Lake, students are charged $26,306 per year
- Loras College - located in Dubuque, students are charged $26,275 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs educational leadership graduates in Iowa pursue include preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. 4,630 educational leadership professonals were working in Iowa in 2010. Of these, 2,020 were middle school principals. In addition, 710 were preschool directors, and 1,490 were deans. In Iowa, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 810 educational leadership professonals
- Appanoose County - 670 educational leadership professonals
- Scott County - 490 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of educational leadership professonals in the state of Iowa will grow to 6,540. This would require a 11% growth in the field.
educational leadership professonals in Iowa make an average of $71,668 per year. In 2010, however, some Iowa educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $16,280 per year or as much as more than $155,500 per year. On average educational leadership professonal earn the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Woodbury County - $74,600 per year
- Story County - $71,525 per year
- Johnson County - $70,720 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Dubuque County - $56,795 per year
- Benton County - $58,507 per year
- Allamakee County - $59,530 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Iowa were:
- Middle School Principal - $84,120 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $83,340 per year
- Dean - $83,220 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Iowa were:
- Dean - $83,220 per year
- Preschool Director - $35,990 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Iowa
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,020||$84,120||-3.8%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,490||$83,220||-6.9%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||710||$35,990||22.4%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||410||$83,340||-37.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Iowa