There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a electrical engineering program is Northwest Iowa Community College, which is located in Sheldon. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 8 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Northwest Iowa Community College in 2010. Students at Northwest Iowa Community College paid $4,620 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a electrical engineering program is Hamilton Technical College, which is located in Davenport. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Hamilton Technical College graduated 81 students from its electrical engineering program. Hamilton Technical College charged in-state students $11,025 in tuition fees per year.
Iowa Central Community College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Fort Dodge. In 2010, Iowa Central Community College graduated 24 students from its electrical engineering programs. Iowa Central Community College charged in-state students $3,990 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's electrical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,360 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $3,120 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Clive, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Hamilton Technical College - located in Davenport, students are charged $11,025 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
The following Iowa electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in Iowa go on to work as an electrical engineer. Iowa had 1,220 electrical engineers in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa electrical engineers are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 170 electrical engineers
- Appanoose County - 120 electrical engineers
- Scott County - 70 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,340 electrical engineers working in the Iowa then.
On average, an electrical engineer earns a salary of $77,030 per year in Iowa state. But, salaries for electrical engineers can vary. In 2010, electrical engineers made as little as less than $42,660 per year or as much as more than $136,510 per year in Iowa. An electrical engineer in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Buena Vista County - $84,010 per year
- Appanoose County - $81,660 per year
- Dallas County - $78,520 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allamakee County - $61,790 per year
- Scott County - $73,450 per year
- Dallas County - $78,520 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Iowa
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Iowa
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,180||$49,160||28.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Iowa