There are schools offering electrician courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Iowa
Northwest Iowa Community College, which is located in Sheldon, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northwest Iowa Community College graduated 74 students from its electrician program. Tuition at Northwest Iowa Community College was $4,620 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a electrician program is Des Moines Area Community College, which is located in Ankeny. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. 7 students graduated with certificate in electrician from Des Moines Area Community College in 2010. Tuition at Des Moines Area Community College was $3,750 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a electrician program is Western Iowa Tech Community College. Western Iowa Tech Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Sioux City. 8 students graduated with certificate in electrician from Western Iowa Tech Community College in 2010. Western Iowa Tech Community College charged in-state students $3,204 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Iowa's electrician schools ranges from $4,800 per year to $3,204 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,955 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- Northwest Iowa Community College - located in Sheldon, students are charged $4,620 per year
- Ellsworth Community College - located in Iowa Falls, students are charged $3,816 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
An electrician certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrician school in Iowa go on to work as an electrician. 6,810 electricians were working in Iowa in 2010. The Iowa counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Dallas County - 1,430 electricians
- Benton County - 950 electricians
- Appanoose County - 850 electricians
The government projects that the number of electricians in Iowa will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,500 electricians working in Iowa.
On average, an electrician earns a salary of $46,760 per year in Iowa state. In 2010, however, some Iowa electricians earned as little as less than $26,070 per year or as much as more than $77,510 per year. On average an electrician earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Scott County - $54,710 per year
- Benton County - $52,730 per year
- Johnson County - $51,500 per year
On average, electricians earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Adair County - $39,570 per year
- Buena Vista County - $40,720 per year
- Dubuque County - $41,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in electrician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Iowa
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Iowa
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||1,710||$55,810||-6.6%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,180||$49,160||28.3%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||1,050||$55,160||59.1%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||280||$62,580|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Iowa