There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a elementary education program is Luther College. Luther College, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Decorah. 34 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Luther College in 2010. Luther College charged in-state students $33,480 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a elementary education program is Cornell College, which is located in Mount Vernon. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 6 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Cornell College in 2010. Students at Cornell College paid $31,050 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a elementary education program is Coe College. Coe College, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, Coe College graduated 17 students from its elementary education programs. Students at Coe College paid $30,860 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Iowa elementary education school, average tuition will be $21,790 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,997 per year to $33,480 per year. The Iowa elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
An elementary education degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Iowa pursue careers as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 19,280 elementary educators working in Iowa. In Iowa, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 3,840 elementary educators
- Appanoose County - 3,560 elementary educators
- Buena Vista County - 2,900 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 24,980 elementary educators working in the Iowa then.
On average, elementary educators earn $44,040 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $21,120 per year or as much as more than $76,340 per year in Iowa. An elementary educator in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dallas County - $51,020 per year
- Black Hawk County - $49,420 per year
- Scott County - $45,510 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Buena Vista County - $39,840 per year
- Johnson County - $41,040 per year
- Woodbury County - $41,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Iowa
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||19,280||$44,040||8.8%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||2,410||$44,860||0.0%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,020||$84,120||-3.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,350||$43,100||-11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Iowa