There are schools offering EMT training in Iowa!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a EMT program is Mercy College of Health Sciences, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Mercy College of Health Sciences' EMT program. The tuition rate at Mercy College of Health Sciences was $13,530 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a EMT program is Iowa Lakes Community College. Iowa Lakes Community College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Estherville. Iowa Lakes Community College charged in-state students $4,876 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a EMT program is Iowa Central Community College, which is located in Fort Dodge. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. 5 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Iowa Central Community College in 2010. Tuition at Iowa Central Community College was $3,990 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa EMT school, average tuition will be $4,667 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $13,530 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa EMT schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mercy College of Health Sciences - located in Des Moines, students are charged $13,530 per year
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
An EMT certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in Iowa pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. 2,360 emergency medical technicians were working in Iowa in 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of emergency medical technicians work in the following counties:
- Appanoose County - 390 emergency medical technicians
- Dallas County - 330 emergency medical technicians
- Buena Vista County - 330 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that the number of emergency medical technicians in Iowa will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,380 emergency medical technicians working in Iowa.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $30,930 per year. However, this number is only an average. emergency medical technicians in Iowa had varying salaries from $15,760 to $55,770 per year in 2010. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for an emergency medical technician are:
- Dallas County - $41,080 per year
- Johnson County - $33,620 per year
- Scott County - $33,100 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Dubuque County - $23,630 per year
- Benton County - $25,790 per year
- Allamakee County - $26,890 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Iowa
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Iowa
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,360||$30,930||10.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Iowa