There are schools offering finance degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Iowa
Dordt College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a finance program. It is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, no students graduated from Dordt College's finance program. Dordt College charged in-state students $23,180 in tuition fees per year.
Buena Vista University, which is located in Storm Lake, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. 18 students graduated with degree in finance from Buena Vista University in 2010. Buena Vista University charged in-state students $26,306 in tuition fees per year.
Grand View University, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a finance program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, Grand View University graduated 14 students from its finance programs. Students at Grand View University paid $20,292 per year in tuition fees.
Finance schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $16,327 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,960 per year, or as little as $3,204 per year. The Iowa finance schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Buena Vista University - located in Storm Lake, students are charged $26,306 per year
- Loras College - located in Dubuque, students are charged $26,275 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa finance schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
A finance degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in Iowa. In 2010, there were 23,470 finance professional working in Iowa, including 260 budget analysts, 9,580 auditors, and 750 financial quantitative analysts. In Iowa, the largest numbers of finance professional work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 8,910 finance professionals
- Scott County - 2,800 finance professionals
- Benton County - 2,650 finance professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 34,250 finance professionals will be working in Iowa. This would require the number of finance professional to grow by 19%.
finance professionals in Iowa make an average of $62,456 per year. However, Iowa finance professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,320 per year to more than $163,860 per year in 2010. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Story County - $72,833 per year
- Dubuque County - $71,412 per year
- Benton County - $70,737 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for finance professional:
- Appanoose County - $55,418 per year
- Buena Vista County - $56,660 per year
- Black Hawk County - $57,313 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in Iowa were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $97,970 per year
- Financial Examiner - $73,400 per year
- Budget Analyst - $64,620 per year
On average, the lowest paid finance professionals in Iowa were:
- Financial Quantitative Analyst - $50,570 per year
- Loan Counselor - $36,850 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in finance and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Finance in Iowa
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,580||$60,840||0.6%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||2,350||$62,140||10.8%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||750||$50,570|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Iowa