There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Iowa
Luther College, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Decorah. 27 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Luther College in 2010. Tuition at Luther College was $33,480 per year.
Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Coe College forensic nursing program. Tuition at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Dordt College graduated 10 students from its forensic nursing programs. Dordt College charged in-state students $23,180 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Iowa's forensic nursing schools ranges from $33,480 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,989 per year. In 2010, the forensic nursing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
- Clarke University - located in Dubuque, students are charged $24,610 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A forensic nursing degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a forensic nurse. Iowa had 200 forensic nurses in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa forensic nurses:
- Dallas County - 40 forensic nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 490 forensic nurses will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of forensic nurses to grow by 9%.
A forensic nurse in Iowa earns $75,060 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. forensic nurses in Iowa had varying salaries from $41,630 to $82,930 per year in 2010. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a forensic nurse are:
- Dallas County - $57,610 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Iowa
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Iowa
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,870||$75,870||-6.1%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||200||$75,060||-71.0%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||90||$57,740||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Iowa