There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Iowa
Grand View University, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a graphic design program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, Grand View University graduated 22 students from its graphic design program. The tuition rate at Grand View University was $20,292 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a graphic design program is Iowa State University. Iowa State University, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Ames. 52 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Iowa State University in 2010. Tuition at Iowa State University was $6,997 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a graphic design program is Drake University, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Drake University graduated 30 students from its graphic design programs. The tuition rate at Drake University was $26,960 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's graphic design schools ranges from $26,960 per year to $6,997 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,511 per year. In 2010, the graphic design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
- Briar Cliff University - located in Sioux City, students are charged $23,418 per year
The following Iowa graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- Grand View University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $20,292 per year
A graphic design degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Iowa go on to work as a graphic designer. Iowa had 1,960 graphic designers in 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 650 graphic designers
- Scott County - 230 graphic designers
- Appanoose County - 220 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,500 graphic designers working in the Iowa then.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $39,710 per year in Iowa state. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $17,210 per year or as much as more than $71,050 per year in Iowa. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Dallas County - $48,420 per year
- Benton County - $40,560 per year
- Johnson County - $39,880 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adair County - $27,890 per year
- Allamakee County - $28,240 per year
- Buena Vista County - $31,090 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Iowa
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Iowa