There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Iowa
Around 0.3% of Iowa's graduates graduate from healthcare administration degree programs every year. Thus, Iowa's 12 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 381 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a healthcare administration program is Mercy College of Health Sciences, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 6 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Mercy College of Health Sciences in 2010. Students at Mercy College of Health Sciences paid $13,530 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a healthcare administration program is Mount Mercy University, which is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Mount Mercy University healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at Mount Mercy University was $23,260 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a healthcare administration program is Saint Ambrose University. Saint Ambrose University, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Davenport. 0 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Saint Ambrose University in 2010. Students at Saint Ambrose University paid $23,910 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's healthcare administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,906 per year, though tuition can range from $23,910 per year to $3,120 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa healthcare administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
- Mount Mercy University - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $23,260 per year
- Upper Iowa University - located in Fayette, students are charged $22,350 per year
The healthcare administration schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
A healthcare administration degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Iowa go on to work as a healthcare administrator. Iowa had 3,870 healthcare administrators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa healthcare administrators:
- Dallas County - 900 healthcare administrators
- Appanoose County - 500 healthcare administrators
- Scott County - 400 healthcare administrators
The government projects that the number of healthcare administrators in Iowa will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,510 healthcare administrators working in Iowa.
A healthcare administrator in Iowa earns $75,870 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. healthcare administrators in Iowa had varying salaries from $41,890 to $133,100 per year in 2010. On average a healthcare administrator earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Johnson County - $92,560 per year
- Story County - $88,820 per year
- Dallas County - $81,810 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare administrators are:
- Buena Vista County - $65,460 per year
- Black Hawk County - $67,060 per year
- Scott County - $69,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Iowa
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Iowa
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,870||$75,870||-6.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Iowa