There are schools offering international business degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Iowa
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Iowa graduates receive degrees in international business. In other words, every year an estimated 146 international business professionals graduate from Iowa's 11 international business schools.
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a international business program is Cornell College, which is located in Mount Vernon. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Cornell College's international business program. Students at Cornell College paid $31,050 per year in tuition fees.
Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Dordt College was $23,180 per year.
Buena Vista University, which is located in Storm Lake, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Buena Vista University international business program. Students at Buena Vista University paid $26,306 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Iowa international business school, average tuition will be $22,021 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,997 per year to $31,050 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa international business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Simpson College - located in Indianola, students are charged $26,837 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa international business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
- Graceland University-Lamoni - located in Lamoni, students are charged $20,980 per year
An international business degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer are the professions of choice for a majority of international business graduates in Iowa. In 2010, there were 23,430 international business professional working in Iowa, including 3,740 business analysts, 2,260 chief executive officers, and 12,340 operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa international business professionals:
- Dallas County - 7,690 international business professionals
- Scott County - 3,830 international business professionals
- Appanoose County - 2,810 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 25,830 international business professionals working in Iowa then. Of these 25,830 international business professionals, the government predicts that 6,370 will be business analysts, 3,780 will be chief executive officers, and 10,380 will be operations managers.
On average, international business professionals earn a salary of $78,903 per year in Iowa state. But, salaries for international business professional can vary. In 2010, international business professional made as little as less than $19,510 per year or as much as more than $159,270 per year in Iowa. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for international business professionals:
- Dubuque County - $99,143 per year
- Story County - $93,973 per year
- Benton County - $89,880 per year
On average, international business professionals earn the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Adair County - $66,248 per year
- Buena Vista County - $67,460 per year
- Allamakee County - $71,472 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Iowa were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $149,770 per year
- Operations Manager - $100,300 per year
- Business Professor - $80,720 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in Iowa were:
- Purchasing Agent - $50,670 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $44,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in international business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Iowa
- Master's Degree in International Business in Iowa
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||12,340||$100,300||5.9%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||2,440||$50,670||-3.2%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,240||$80,720||55.0%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||970||$44,900||-33.6%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||440||$57,180||-47.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Iowa