There are schools offering management courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Iowa
Wartburg College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a management program. It is located in Waverly. In 2010, Wartburg College graduated 11 students from its management program. The tuition rate at Wartburg College was $29,020 per year.
Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a management program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. Dordt College charged in-state students $23,180 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a management program is Buena Vista University, which is located in Storm Lake. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, Buena Vista University graduated 20 students from its management programs. The tuition rate at Buena Vista University was $26,306 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,303 per year, though tuition can range from $29,020 per year to $3,120 per year. The Iowa management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wartburg College - located in Waverly, students are charged $29,020 per year
- Simpson College - located in Indianola, students are charged $26,837 per year
- Buena Vista University - located in Storm Lake, students are charged $26,306 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A management degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a manager. 12,340 managers were working in Iowa in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa managers are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 3,400 managers
- Scott County - 1,720 managers
- Appanoose County - 1,650 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,380 managers will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by 0%.
On average, managers earn $100,300 per year. However, this number is only an average. managers in Iowa had varying salaries from $36,500 to $150,630 per year in 2010. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a manager are:
- Dallas County - $115,050 per year
- Story County - $108,470 per year
- Benton County - $107,870 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Adair County - $81,700 per year
- Buena Vista County - $87,180 per year
- Appanoose County - $91,240 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Management in Iowa
- Certificate in Management in Iowa
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||14,280||$37,320||20.1%|
|General and Operations Managers||12,340||$100,300||5.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,870||$75,870||-6.1%|
|Managers, All Other||3,090||$81,100||-12.0%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,160||$86,660||8.0%|
|Food Service Managers||2,030||$44,940||49.3%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||1,170||$49,860||129.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||470||$77,140||11.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Iowa