There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a medical assistant program is University of Iowa. University of Iowa, which was ranked 59th in the country in 2010, is located in Iowa City. In 2010, University of Iowa graduated 47 students from its medical assistant program. Students at University of Iowa paid $7,417 per year in tuition fees.
Mercy College of Health Sciences, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Des Moines. Tuition at Mercy College of Health Sciences was $13,530 per year.
Vatterott College, which is located in Des Moines, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Vatterott College graduated 70 students from its medical assistant programs. Students at Vatterott College paid $11,306 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Iowa's medical assistant schools ranges from $15,627 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,272 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus - located in Davenport, students are charged $15,627 per year
- Kaplan University-Mason City Campus - located in Mason City, students are charged $15,372 per year
- Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $15,372 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Iowa go on to work as a medical assistant. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,480 Iowa medical assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of Iowa medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 930 medical assistants
- Appanoose County - 810 medical assistants
- Scott County - 750 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 29% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,910 medical assistants working in the Iowa then.
On average, medical assistants earn $29,020 per year. However, Iowa medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,690 per year to more than $41,970 per year in 2010. A medical assistant in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dallas County - $33,610 per year
- Johnson County - $30,930 per year
- Story County - $29,420 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Appanoose County - $26,330 per year
- Adair County - $26,380 per year
- Allamakee County - $27,420 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Iowa
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Iowa
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Iowa