There are schools offering paramedic programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a paramedic program is Mercy College of Health Sciences, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 4 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Mercy College of Health Sciences in 2010. The tuition rate at Mercy College of Health Sciences was $13,530 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a paramedic program is Iowa Lakes Community College. Iowa Lakes Community College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Estherville. The tuition rate at Iowa Lakes Community College was $4,876 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a paramedic program is Iowa Central Community College. Iowa Central Community College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Dodge. 5 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Iowa Central Community College in 2010. Iowa Central Community College charged in-state students $3,990 in tuition fees per year.
Paramedic schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $4,667 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,530 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Iowa paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mercy College of Health Sciences - located in Des Moines, students are charged $13,530 per year
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A paramedic certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a paramedic. Iowa had 2,360 paramedics in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Appanoose County - 390 paramedics
- Dallas County - 330 paramedics
- Buena Vista County - 330 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Iowa will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,380 paramedics working in Iowa.
On average, paramedics earn $30,930 per year. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Iowa had varying salaries from $15,760 to $55,770 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Dallas County - $41,080 per year
- Johnson County - $33,620 per year
- Scott County - $33,100 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Dubuque County - $23,630 per year
- Benton County - $25,790 per year
- Allamakee County - $26,890 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Iowa
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Iowa
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,360||$30,930||10.8%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||480||$22,120||77.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Iowa