There are schools offering personal training certifications in Iowa!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a personal training program is Luther College, which is located in Decorah. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Luther College graduated 3 students from its personal training program. Tuition at Luther College was $33,480 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a personal training program is Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in personal training from Coe College in 2010. Students at Coe College paid $30,860 per year in tuition fees.
Buena Vista University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a personal training program. It is located in Storm Lake. In 2010, Buena Vista University graduated 6 students from its personal training programs. Students at Buena Vista University paid $26,306 per year in tuition fees.
Personal training schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $22,975 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,480 per year, or as little as $7,008 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
- Simpson College - located in Indianola, students are charged $26,837 per year
The following Iowa personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
- Graceland University-Lamoni - located in Lamoni, students are charged $20,980 per year
A personal training degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a personal trainer. 2,330 personal trainers were working in Iowa in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 790 personal trainers
- Appanoose County - 360 personal trainers
- Scott County - 290 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Iowa will grow to 3,760. This would require a 25% growth in the profession.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $24,160 per year in Iowa state. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $15,690 per year or as much as more than $52,920 per year in Iowa. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Johnson County - $30,080 per year
- Black Hawk County - $29,570 per year
- Dallas County - $26,260 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Buena Vista County - $18,730 per year
- Appanoose County - $19,330 per year
- Allamakee County - $21,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Iowa
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||2,330||$24,160||56.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Iowa