There are schools offering public administration degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Iowa
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Iowa students graduate with degrees in public administration. That means an estimated 190 public administration professionals graduate from Iowa's 9 public administration schools each year.
Buena Vista University, which is located in Storm Lake, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a public administration program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with a degree in public administration from Buena Vista University in 2010. Tuition at Buena Vista University was $26,306 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a public administration program is William Penn University, which is located in Oskaloosa. In 2010, it was ranked 53rd nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from William Penn University public administration program. William Penn University charged in-state students $20,234 in tuition fees per year.
Iowa State University, which is located in Ames, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a public administration program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Iowa State University graduated 22 students from its public administration programs. The tuition rate at Iowa State University was $6,997 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa public administration school, average tuition will be $17,897 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,997 per year to $26,960 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa public administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Buena Vista University - located in Storm Lake, students are charged $26,306 per year
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
The following Iowa public administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Phoenix-Des Moines Campus - located in West Des Moines, students are charged $11,040 per year
A public administration degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Many Iowa public administration graduates become a chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. Iowa had 4,230 public administration professionals in 2010. 1,480 of these public administration professionals were legislators, 2,260 were chief executive officers, and 100 were economic development specialists. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa public administration professionals:
- Scott County - 680 public administration professionals
- Dallas County - 570 public administration professionals
- Appanoose County - 500 public administration professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of public administration professionals is expected to grow by 1% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,380 public administration professionals working in Iowa then. Of these 5,380 public administration professionals, the government predicts that 1,310 will be legislators, 3,780 will be chief executive officers, and an unknown number will be economic development specialists.
On average, public administration professionals earn $71,920 per year. But, salaries for public administration professional can vary. In 2010, public administration professional made as little as less than $15,330 per year or as much as more than $93,930 per year in Iowa. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for public administration professionals are:
- Dubuque County - $187,810 per year
- Johnson County - $95,650 per year
- Woodbury County - $93,385 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for public administration professional:
- Appanoose County - $69,350 per year
- Adair County - $72,200 per year
- Buena Vista County - $74,495 per year
On average, the highest paid public administration professionals in Iowa were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $149,770 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $58,770 per year
- Community Development Planner - $55,550 per year
The public administration professionals with lowest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Community Development Planner - $55,550 per year
- Legislator - $23,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in public administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as sociology or political science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Iowa
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Urban and Regional Planners||390||$55,550||62.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Iowa