There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a radiology technician program is University of Iowa, which is located in Iowa City. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. In 2010, University of Iowa graduated 41 students from its radiology technician program. University of Iowa charged in-state students $7,417 in tuition fees per year.
Iowa Health-Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Iowa Health-Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology radiology technician program. Students at Iowa Health-Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology paid $3,900 per year in tuition fees.
Mercy College of Health Sciences, which is located in Des Moines, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Mercy College of Health Sciences radiology technician program. Students at Mercy College of Health Sciences paid $13,530 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Iowa's radiology technician schools ranges from $23,418 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,236 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa radiology technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Briar Cliff University - located in Sioux City, students are charged $23,418 per year
- St Luke's College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $15,500 per year
- Allen College - located in Waterloo, students are charged $14,995 per year
The following Iowa radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Iowa Health-Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology - located in Des Moines, students are charged $3,900 per year
A radiology technician degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Iowa go on to work as a radiology technician. 2,640 radiology technicians were working in Iowa in 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 560 radiology technicians
- Scott County - 420 radiology technicians
- Appanoose County - 370 radiology technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of radiology technicians is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,020 radiology technicians working in the Iowa then.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $46,030 per year in Iowa state. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Dallas County - $50,090 per year
- Allamakee County - $48,850 per year
- Black Hawk County - $48,260 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for radiology technicians are:
- Appanoose County - $39,330 per year
- Dubuque County - $41,590 per year
- Benton County - $41,730 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Iowa
- Certificate in Radiology in Iowa
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||1,610||$188,450||59.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Iowa