There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Iowa
Around 0.1% of Iowa's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 66 respiratory therapists graduate from Iowa's 7 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a respiratory therapy program is St Luke's College. St Luke's College, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Sioux City. In 2010, St Luke's College graduated 4 students from its respiratory therapy program. Tuition at St Luke's College was $15,500 per year.
Des Moines Area Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Ankeny. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Des Moines Area Community College respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Des Moines Area Community College was $3,750 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a respiratory therapy program is Hawkeye Community College, which is located in Waterloo. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. In 2010, Hawkeye Community College graduated 8 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Students at Hawkeye Community College paid $3,752 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Iowa respiratory therapy school, average tuition will be $5,523 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,540 per year to $15,500 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- St Luke's College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $15,500 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in West Burlington, students are charged $3,780 per year
The following Iowa respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. In 2010, there were 960 respiratory therapists working in Iowa. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa respiratory therapists:
- Dallas County - 180 respiratory therapists
- Appanoose County - 150 respiratory therapists
- Benton County - 90 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of Iowa will grow to 1,110. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $46,680 per year. However, Iowa respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,320 per year to more than $64,500 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Benton County - $47,740 per year
- Adair County - $47,450 per year
- Dallas County - $46,830 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Appanoose County - $44,230 per year
- Black Hawk County - $44,890 per year
- Buena Vista County - $45,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Iowa
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Iowa
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||100||$38,090||-54.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Iowa