There are schools offering RN programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a RN program is Luther College, which is located in Decorah. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Luther College graduated 27 students from its RN program. The tuition rate at Luther College was $33,480 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a RN program is Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, Coe College graduated 20 students from its RN program. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a RN program is Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in RN from Dordt College in 2010. Dordt College charged in-state students $23,180 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's RN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,989 per year, though tuition can range from $33,480 per year to $3,120 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa RN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
- Clarke University - located in Dubuque, students are charged $24,610 per year
The following Iowa RN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A RN degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of RN graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a registered nurse. Iowa had 32,090 registered nurses in 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of registered nurses work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 6,700 registered nurses
- Appanoose County - 4,250 registered nurses
- Scott County - 4,070 registered nurses
The government projects that the number of registered nurses in Iowa will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 39,330 registered nurses working in Iowa.
On average, a registered nurse earns a salary of $51,970 per year in Iowa state. However, Iowa registered nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $32,940 per year to more than $78,560 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for registered nurses:
- Dallas County - $56,190 per year
- Story County - $54,970 per year
- Allamakee County - $51,390 per year
A registered nurse in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Woodbury County - $44,900 per year
- Benton County - $47,650 per year
- Adair County - $48,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Iowa
- Certificate in Nursing in Iowa
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in Iowa