There are schools offering sports management degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Iowa
Wartburg College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a sports management program. It is located in Waverly. 11 students graduated with a degree in sports management from Wartburg College in 2010. The tuition rate at Wartburg College was $29,020 per year.
Buena Vista University, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a sports management program. It is located in Storm Lake. 20 students graduated with degree in sports management from Buena Vista University in 2010. The tuition rate at Buena Vista University was $26,306 per year.
Grand View University, which is located in Des Moines, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Grand View University graduated 0 students from its sports management programs. Students at Grand View University paid $20,292 per year in tuition fees.
Sports management schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $19,093 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,020 per year, or as little as $3,750 per year. The Iowa sports management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wartburg College - located in Waverly, students are charged $29,020 per year
- Simpson College - located in Indianola, students are charged $26,837 per year
- Buena Vista University - located in Storm Lake, students are charged $26,306 per year
The following Iowa sports management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
- North Iowa Area Community College - located in Mason City, students are charged $3,913 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
A sports management degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa sports management graduates become sports managers. In 2010, there were 3,090 sports managers working in Iowa. In Iowa, the largest numbers of sports managers work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 1,170 sports managers
- Scott County - 790 sports managers
- Benton County - 360 sports managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sports managers in the state of Iowa will grow to 10,630. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, a sports manager earns a salary of $81,100 per year in Iowa state. However, this number is only an average. sports managers in Iowa had varying salaries from $16,190 to $146,660 per year in 2010. A sports manager in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Scott County - $96,870 per year
- Dallas County - $89,580 per year
- Benton County - $88,500 per year
On average, sports managers earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Buena Vista County - $56,600 per year
- Dubuque County - $60,630 per year
- Allamakee County - $66,200 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports management in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Iowa
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||3,090||$81,100||-12.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Iowa