There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Iowa
University of Iowa, which is located in Iowa City, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Iowa graduated 41 students from its x ray technician program. The tuition rate at University of Iowa was $7,417 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a x ray technician program is Mercy/St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology. Mercy/St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, Mercy/St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology graduated 14 students from its x ray technician program.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a x ray technician program is Northwest Iowa Community College, which is located in Sheldon. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Northwest Iowa Community College x ray technician program. Students at Northwest Iowa Community College paid $4,620 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Iowa x ray technician school, average tuition will be $5,310 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $14,995 per year. The Iowa x ray technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Allen College - located in Waterloo, students are charged $14,995 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
The x ray technician schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Iowa Central Community College - located in Fort Dodge, students are charged $3,990 per year
A x ray technician degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa x ray technician graduates become x ray technicians. In 2010, there were 2,640 x ray technicians working in Iowa. The Iowa counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Dallas County - 560 x ray technicians
- Scott County - 420 x ray technicians
- Appanoose County - 370 x ray technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of x ray technicians is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,020 x ray technicians working in the Iowa then.
A x ray technician in Iowa makes an average of $46,030 per year. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Dallas County - $50,090 per year
- Allamakee County - $48,850 per year
- Black Hawk County - $48,260 per year
A x ray technician in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Appanoose County - $39,330 per year
- Dubuque County - $41,590 per year
- Benton County - $41,730 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Iowa
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Iowa
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||2,560||$45,720|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Iowa