There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Kansas!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Kansas
Around 0.2% of Kansas's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 177 administrative assistants graduate from Kansas' 30 administrative assistant schools each year.
Washburn Institute of Technology, which is located in Topeka, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Washburn Institute of Technology's administrative assistant program.
Northwest Kansas Technical College, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Goodland. 1 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Northwest Kansas Technical College in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a administrative assistant program is Salina Area Technical College. Salina Area Technical College, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Salina. In 2010, Salina Area Technical College graduated 5 students from its administrative assistant programs. Salina Area Technical College charged in-state students $3,584 in tuition fees per year.
Administrative assistant schools in Kansas, charge students an average tuition of $3,518 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,630 per year, or as little as $1,920 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tabor College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $20,630 per year
- Wright Career College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $10,040 per year
- Washburn University - located in Topeka, students are charged $6,296 per year
The following Kansas administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Kansas go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 12,400 administrative assistants working in Kansas. The largest populations of Kansas administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Allen County - 2,420 administrative assistants
- Butler County - 2,380 administrative assistants
- Jackson County - 2,160 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Kansas will grow to 17,620. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
An administrative assistant in Kansas earns $38,840 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Kansas administrative assistants earned as little as less than $25,400 per year or as much as more than $62,940 per year. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following Kansas counties:
- Butler County - $41,800 per year
- Geary County - $36,990 per year
- Allen County - $36,130 per year
The Kansas counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Jackson County - $33,710 per year
- Douglas County - $34,980 per year
- Allen County - $36,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Kansas
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Kansas
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||23,540||$25,520||2.5%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||20,500||$26,750||28.6%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||12,400||$38,840||-27.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Kansas