There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Kansas!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a bookkeeping program is Wichita Area Technical College, which is located in Wichita. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, Wichita Area Technical College graduated no students from its bookkeeping program. Students at Wichita Area Technical College paid $5,328 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kansas that has a bookkeeping program is Seward County Community College and Area Technical School. Seward County Community College and Area Technical School, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Liberal. In 2010, Seward County Community College and Area Technical School graduated 1 students from its bookkeeping program. Students at Seward County Community College and Area Technical School paid $2,080 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a bookkeeping program is Hutchinson Community College. Hutchinson Community College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Hutchinson. 6 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Hutchinson Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Hutchinson Community College was $2,528 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' bookkeeping schools ranges from $12,565 per year to $1,980 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,257 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kansas bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- National American University-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $12,565 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Kansas City - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $9,643 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Salina - located in Salina, students are charged $9,395 per year
The bookkeeping schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. 19,650 bookkeeping clerks were working in Kansas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kansas bookkeeping clerks:
- Allen County - 6,680 bookkeeping clerks
- Butler County - 4,260 bookkeeping clerks
- Jackson County - 1,380 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,350 bookkeeping clerks will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to grow by 9%.
A bookkeeping clerk in Kansas earns $31,210 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Kansas bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $16,850 per year or as much as more than $49,240 per year. On average a bookkeeping clerk earns the most in the following Kansas counties:
- Butler County - $32,340 per year
- Jackson County - $31,100 per year
- Douglas County - $30,490 per year
The following counties in Kansas have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Allen County - $28,070 per year
- Geary County - $28,730 per year
- Douglas County - $30,490 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Kansas
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Kansas
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||19,650||$31,210||-10.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,290||$30,190||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Kansas