There are schools offering business administration degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Kansas
Each year, approximately 3.3% of Kansas graduates receive degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 3,044 general managers graduate from Kansas' 49 business administration schools.
Southwestern College, which was ranked 46th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a business administration program. It is located in Winfield. 222 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Southwestern College in 2010. Southwestern College charged in-state students $20,656 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Kansas with a business administration program is Newman University, which is located in Wichita. In 2010, it was ranked 47th nationwide. In 2010, Newman University graduated 111 students from its business administration program. Tuition at Newman University was $20,712 per year.
Sterling College, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a business administration program. It is located in Sterling. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Sterling College business administration program. Tuition at Sterling College was $19,000 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kansas business administration school, average tuition will be $9,673 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $430 per year to $22,280 per year. The Kansas business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Southwestern College - located in Winfield, students are charged $20,656 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kansas business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Haskell Indian Nations University - located in Lawrence, students are charged $430 per year
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
A business administration degree from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in Kansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 17,380 Kansas general managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kansas general managers:
- Allen County - 4,470 general managers
- Butler County - 3,670 general managers
- Jackson County - 1,880 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Kansas will shrink by -1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 19,810 general managers working in Kansas.
A general manager in Kansas earns $93,240 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Kansas general managers earned as little as less than $35,600 per year or as much as more than $156,390 per year. A general manager in the following Kansas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $90,930 per year
- Douglas County - $90,440 per year
- Geary County - $84,630 per year
The following counties in Kansas have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Jackson County - $78,640 per year
- Allen County - $84,090 per year
- Geary County - $84,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Kansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Kansas
- Certificate in Business Administration in Kansas
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||17,380||$93,240||3.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,780||$73,440||6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Kansas