There are schools offering computer networking courses in Kansas!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Kansas
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Kansas students graduate with degrees in computer networking. Thus, Kansas' 25 computer networking schools put out approximately 292 computer network administrators each year.
Washburn Institute of Technology, which is located in Topeka, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. 22 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Washburn Institute of Technology in 2010.
Kansas State University, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a computer networking program. It is located in Manhattan. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Kansas State University computer networking program. The tuition rate at Kansas State University was $7,376 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a computer networking program is Northwest Kansas Technical College. Northwest Kansas Technical College, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Goodland. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Northwest Kansas Technical College computer networking program. The tuition rate at Northwest Kansas Technical College was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kansas computer networking school, average tuition will be $4,287 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,920 per year to $18,048 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas computer networking schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Bryan College - located in Topeka, students are charged $17,500 per year
- Wright Career College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $10,040 per year
The following Kansas computer networking schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Allen County Community College - located in Iola, students are charged $2,080 per year
A computer networking degree from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Kansas go on to work as a computer network administrator. Kansas had 3,940 computer network administrators in 2010. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of computer network administrators are:
- Allen County - 690 computer network administrators
- Butler County - 580 computer network administrators
- Jackson County - 320 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Kansas will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,680 computer network administrators working in Kansas.
A computer network administrator in Kansas makes an average of $61,040 per year. A computer network administrator in the following Kansas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Jackson County - $56,730 per year
- Allen County - $55,970 per year
- Butler County - $54,410 per year
The following counties in Kansas have the lowest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Douglas County - $47,780 per year
- Geary County - $54,350 per year
- Butler County - $54,410 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Kansas
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Kansas
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||100||$52,080||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Kansas