There are schools offering computer programming courses in Kansas!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Kansas
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Kansas students graduate with degrees in computer programming. In other words, every year an estimated 97 computer programmers graduate from Kansas' 14 computer programming schools.
The top-ranked school in Kansas that has a computer programming program is Southwestern College. Southwestern College, which was ranked 46th in the country in 2010, is located in Winfield. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Southwestern College's computer programming program. The tuition rate at Southwestern College was $20,656 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kansas with a computer programming program is Kansas State University, which is located in Manhattan. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Kansas State University computer programming program. Kansas State University charged in-state students $7,376 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas with a computer programming program is Bryan College, which is located in Topeka. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. Tuition at Bryan College was $17,500 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kansas computer programming school, average tuition will be $8,878 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,080 per year to $20,656 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southwestern College - located in Winfield, students are charged $20,656 per year
- Friends University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,040 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Dodge City Community College - located in Dodge City, students are charged $2,180 per year
- Neosho County Community College - located in Chanute, students are charged $2,208 per year
A computer programming degree from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Kansas go on to work as a computer programmer. Kansas had 3,510 computer programmers in 2010. In Kansas, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Jackson County - 540 computer programmers
- Butler County - 430 computer programmers
- Allen County - 300 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,770 computer programmers will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of computer programmers to shrink by -4%.
On average, computer programmers earn $67,790 per year. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Douglas County - $63,350 per year
- Butler County - $61,230 per year
- Jackson County - $57,610 per year
A computer programmer in the following counties in Kansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allen County - $49,400 per year
- Geary County - $51,800 per year
- Jackson County - $57,610 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Kansas
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Kansas
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||100||$52,080||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Kansas