There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Kansas
Wichita State University, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Wichita. 55 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Wichita State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Wichita State University was $5,890 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kansas that has a dental hygienist program is Colby Community College. Colby Community College, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Colby. 11 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Colby Community College in 2010. Colby Community College charged in-state students $2,958 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a dental hygienist program is Flint Hills Technical College. Flint Hills Technical College, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Emporia. In 2010, Flint Hills Technical College graduated 24 students from its dental hygienist programs. The tuition rate at Flint Hills Technical College was $3,810 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' dental hygienist schools ranges from $5,890 per year to $2,180 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,243 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Wichita State University - located in Wichita, students are charged $5,890 per year
- Flint Hills Technical College - located in Emporia, students are charged $3,810 per year
- Colby Community College - located in Colby, students are charged $2,958 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kansas dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dodge City Community College - located in Dodge City, students are charged $2,180 per year
- Johnson County Community College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Fort Scott Community College - located in Fort Scott, students are charged $2,370 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental hygienist graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a dental hygienist. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Kansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,770 Kansas dental hygienists as of 2010. The largest populations of Kansas dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Allen County - 350 dental hygienists
- Butler County - 330 dental hygienists
- Jackson County - 130 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 30% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,600 dental hygienists working in the Kansas then.
A dental hygienist in Kansas makes an average of $64,310 per year. But, salaries for dental hygienists can vary. In 2010, dental hygienists made as little as less than $44,830 per year or as much as more than $88,070 per year in Kansas. The counties in Kansas with the highest average salary for a dental hygienist are:
- Jackson County - $67,500 per year
- Douglas County - $65,780 per year
- Geary County - $61,330 per year
The Kansas counties with the lowest average salary for dental hygienists are:
- Allen County - $59,550 per year
- Butler County - $60,090 per year
- Geary County - $61,330 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in Kansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Kansas
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Kansas