There are schools offering electrician courses in Kansas!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Kansas
Around 0.1% of Kansas's graduates graduate from electrician training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 131 electricians graduate from Kansas' 10 electrician schools.
Northwest Kansas Technical College, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a electrician program. It is located in Goodland. 19 students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Northwest Kansas Technical College in 2010.
North Central Kansas Technical College, which is located in Beloit, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 14 students graduated from North Central Kansas Technical College electrician program. Students at North Central Kansas Technical College paid $4,312 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a electrician program is Vatterott College-Wichita. Vatterott College-Wichita, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Wichita. In 2010, Vatterott College-Wichita graduated 6 students from its electrician programs. Tuition at Vatterott College-Wichita was $11,300 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' electrician schools ranges from $11,300 per year to $1,920 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,577 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kansas electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vatterott College-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $11,300 per year
- Wichita Area Technical College - located in Wichita, students are charged $5,328 per year
- North Central Kansas Technical College - located in Beloit, students are charged $4,312 per year
The electrician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Johnson County Community College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $2,250 per year
An electrician certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrician graduates in Kansas pursue careers as an electrician. Kansas had 5,360 electricians in 2010. The largest populations of Kansas electricians are working in the following counties:
- Butler County - 1,340 electricians
- Allen County - 1,170 electricians
- Jackson County - 460 electricians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electricians is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,410 electricians working in the Kansas then.
On average, an electrician earns a salary of $45,990 per year in Kansas state. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $21,140 per year or as much as more than $83,390 per year in Kansas. The counties in Kansas with the highest average salary for an electrician are:
- Butler County - $44,990 per year
- Jackson County - $43,920 per year
- Allen County - $40,400 per year
An electrician in the following counties in Kansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Douglas County - $39,500 per year
- Geary County - $40,340 per year
- Allen County - $40,400 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Kansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Kansas
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Kansas
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||1,670||$55,620||-1.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,120||$55,100||30.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||580||$48,870||-7.9%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||90||$63,660||-71.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Kansas