There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Kansas
Approximately 1.2% of graduates in of Kansas receive elementary education degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,124 elementary educators graduate from Kansas' 29 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a elementary education program is Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. In 2010, 43 students graduated from Southwestern College's elementary education program. The tuition rate at Southwestern College was $20,656 per year.
Newman University, which is located in Wichita, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 47th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 42 students graduated from Newman University elementary education program. Tuition at Newman University was $20,712 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a elementary education program is Sterling College. Sterling College, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Sterling. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Sterling College elementary education program. Tuition at Sterling College was $19,000 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kansas elementary education school, average tuition will be $12,671 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $430 per year to $22,280 per year. The Kansas elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Bethel College - located in North Newton, students are charged $20,700 per year
The elementary education schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Haskell Indian Nations University - located in Lawrence, students are charged $430 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
An elementary education degree from a Kansas school... what next?
A large number of Kansas elementary education graduates become elementary educators. 17,100 elementary educators were working in Kansas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kansas elementary educators:
- Allen County - 5,750 elementary educators
- Butler County - 4,140 elementary educators
- Jackson County - 1,130 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Kansas will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 21,570 elementary educators working in Kansas.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $42,910 per year in Kansas state. However, this number is only an average. elementary educators in Kansas had varying salaries from $23,750 to $68,560 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Butler County - $46,160 per year
- Jackson County - $45,740 per year
- Geary County - $40,730 per year
The Kansas counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Allen County - $39,440 per year
- Douglas County - $40,620 per year
- Geary County - $40,730 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Kansas
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||17,100||$42,910||-0.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||2,380||$47,300||8.2%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,170||$77,400||-0.9%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,770||$45,330||26.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Kansas