There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a forensic nursing program is Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Southwestern College in 2010. Tuition at Southwestern College was $20,656 per year.
Newman University, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Wichita. 43 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from Newman University in 2010. The tuition rate at Newman University was $20,712 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas with a forensic nursing program is University of Kansas, which is located in Lawrence. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, University of Kansas graduated 152 students from its forensic nursing programs. The tuition rate at University of Kansas was $8,733 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kansas forensic nursing school, average tuition will be $8,285 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,980 per year to $22,280 per year. In 2010, the forensic nursing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Hesston College - located in Hesston, students are charged $20,700 per year
The forensic nursing schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Garden City Community College - located in Garden City, students are charged $2,112 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from forensic nursing school in Kansas go on to work as a forensic nurse. In 2010, there were 60 forensic nurses working in Kansas. In Kansas, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
A forensic nurse in Kansas makes an average of $58,720 per year. In 2010, however, some Kansas forensic nurses earned as little as less than $36,970 per year or as much as more than $103,130 per year.
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kansas
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Kansas
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,050||$81,650||14.2%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||100||$52,080||-9.1%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||60||$58,720|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Kansas