There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Kansas
Southwestern College, which was ranked 46th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a graphic design program. It is located in Winfield. 3 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Southwestern College in 2010. The tuition rate at Southwestern College was $20,656 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kansas that has a graphic design program is Washburn Institute of Technology. Washburn Institute of Technology, which was ranked 59th in the country in 2010, is located in Topeka. In 2010, Washburn Institute of Technology graduated 6 students from its graphic design program.
The third-ranked school in Kansas with a graphic design program is Pittsburg State University, which is located in Pittsburg. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Pittsburg State University graduated 28 students from its graphic design programs. Tuition at Pittsburg State University was $4,848 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kansas' graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,630 per year, though tuition can range from $20,656 per year to $2,250 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southwestern College - located in Winfield, students are charged $20,656 per year
- Tabor College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $20,630 per year
- MidAmerica Nazarene University - located in Olathe, students are charged $20,250 per year
The graphic design schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Johnson County Community College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Fort Scott Community College - located in Fort Scott, students are charged $2,370 per year
- Barton County Community College - located in Great Bend, students are charged $2,544 per year
A graphic design degree from a Kansas school... what next?
A large number of Kansas graphic design graduates become graphic designers. 1,990 graphic designers were working in Kansas in 2010. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Butler County - 400 graphic designers
- Allen County - 310 graphic designers
- Jackson County - 120 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Kansas will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,170 graphic designers working in Kansas.
On average, graphic designers earn $39,860 per year. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Kansas had varying salaries from $19,450 to $71,740 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Jackson County - $43,310 per year
- Butler County - $39,940 per year
- Geary County - $38,160 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Kansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allen County - $31,780 per year
- Douglas County - $34,060 per year
- Geary County - $38,160 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Kansas
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Kansas
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Kansas