There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Kansas
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Iowa
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Missouri
- Healthcare Administration Programs in South Dakota
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Nebraska
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Oklahoma
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Colorado
- See All Schools in Kansas
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Kansas students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, Kansas' 17 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 202 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a healthcare administration program is Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. In 2010, Southwestern College graduated no students from its healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at Southwestern College was $20,656 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kansas with a healthcare administration program is Wichita State University, which is located in Wichita. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, Wichita State University graduated 23 students from its healthcare administration program. Wichita State University charged in-state students $5,890 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a healthcare administration program is Wright Career College. Wright Career College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Shawnee Mission. 8 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Wright Career College in 2010. The tuition rate at Wright Career College was $10,040 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' healthcare administration schools ranges from $20,656 per year to $2,080 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,154 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas healthcare administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southwestern College - located in Winfield, students are charged $20,656 per year
- Friends University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,040 per year
- University of Saint Mary - located in Leavenworth, students are charged $19,960 per year
The healthcare administration schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Allen County Community College - located in Iola, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Neosho County Community College - located in Chanute, students are charged $2,208 per year
- Barton County Community College - located in Great Bend, students are charged $2,544 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Kansas go on to work as a healthcare administrator. In 2010, there were 3,050 healthcare administrators working in Kansas. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Allen County - 750 healthcare administrators
- Butler County - 700 healthcare administrators
- Jackson County - 300 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,600 healthcare administrators will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 16%.
On average, a healthcare administrator earns a salary of $81,650 per year in Kansas state. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $43,920 per year or as much as more than $137,640 per year in Kansas. On average a healthcare administrator earns the most in the following Kansas counties:
- Geary County - $83,270 per year
- Douglas County - $81,700 per year
- Butler County - $80,060 per year
The following counties in Kansas have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Allen County - $67,360 per year
- Jackson County - $79,780 per year
- Butler County - $80,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Kansas
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Kansas
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,050||$81,650||14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Kansas