There are schools offering history degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering History Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a history program is Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in history from Southwestern College in 2010. Students at Southwestern College paid $20,656 per year in tuition fees.
Newman University, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a history program. It is located in Wichita. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Newman University history program. Newman University charged in-state students $20,712 in tuition fees per year.
Sterling College, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a history program. It is located in Sterling. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Sterling College history program. Tuition at Sterling College was $19,000 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kansas' history schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,172 per year, though tuition can range from $22,280 per year to $2,080 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kansas history schools were charged at the following schools:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Bethel College - located in North Newton, students are charged $20,700 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Allen County Community College - located in Iola, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
A history degree from a Kansas school... what next?
A large number of Kansas history graduates become historians. In 2010, there were 40 historians working in Kansas. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of historians are:
A historian in Kansas earns $60,030 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in history. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Kansas
- Master's Degree in History in Kansas
- Doctoral Degree in History in Kansas
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Kansas