There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Kansas
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of Kansas receive medical assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 657 medical assistants graduate from Kansas' 18 medical assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical assistant program is Northwest Kansas Technical College. Northwest Kansas Technical College, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Goodland. In 2010, Northwest Kansas Technical College graduated 10 students from its medical assistant program.
Bryan College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Topeka. 15 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Bryan College in 2010. Students at Bryan College paid $17,500 per year in tuition fees.
Salina Area Technical College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Salina. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Salina Area Technical College medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Salina Area Technical College was $3,584 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' medical assistant schools ranges from $17,500 per year to $1,920 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,798 per year. The Kansas medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bryan College - located in Topeka, students are charged $17,500 per year
- Pinnacle Career Institute - located in Lawrence, students are charged $13,715 per year
- National American University-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $12,565 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a medical assistant. Kansas had 4,020 medical assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kansas medical assistants:
- Butler County - 1,200 medical assistants
- Allen County - 940 medical assistants
- Jackson County - 250 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Kansas will grow to 5,220. This would require a 30% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in Kansas makes an average of $26,320 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $16,390 per year or as much as more than $44,290 per year in Kansas. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Douglas County - $28,040 per year
- Butler County - $26,030 per year
- Jackson County - $25,170 per year
The following counties in Kansas have the lowest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Allen County - $22,590 per year
- Geary County - $24,140 per year
- Jackson County - $25,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Kansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Kansas
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Kansas
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Kansas