There are schools offering medical coding classess in Kansas!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Kansas
Pinnacle Career Institute, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical coding program. It is located in Lawrence. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Pinnacle Career Institute's medical coding program. Pinnacle Career Institute charged in-state students $13,715 in tuition fees per year.
Wright Career College, which is located in Shawnee Mission, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. 39 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Wright Career College in 2010. Students at Wright Career College paid $10,040 per year in tuition fees.
Wichita Technical Institute, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a medical coding program. It is located in Wichita. In 2010, Wichita Technical Institute graduated 236 students from its medical coding programs. Students at Wichita Technical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Medical coding schools in Kansas, charge students an average tuition of $6,556 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,715 per year, or as little as $2,208 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Pinnacle Career Institute - located in Lawrence, students are charged $13,715 per year
- National American University-Wichita - located in Wichita, students are charged $12,565 per year
- National American University-Overland Park - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $12,565 per year
The following Kansas medical coding schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Neosho County Community College - located in Chanute, students are charged $2,208 per year
- Cowley County Community College - located in Arkansas City, students are charged $2,232 per year
- Butler Community College - located in El Dorado, students are charged $2,460 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a medical coder. In 2010, there were 2,370 medical coders working in Kansas. The following counties have the largest number of Kansas medical coders:
- Allen County - 780 medical coders
- Butler County - 550 medical coders
- Jackson County - 190 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,750 medical coders working in the Kansas then.
A medical coder in Kansas makes an average of $31,790 per year. In 2010, however, some Kansas medical coders earned as little as less than $16,730 per year or as much as more than $51,550 per year. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for medical coders:
- Jackson County - $33,490 per year
- Geary County - $32,740 per year
- Butler County - $30,170 per year
On average, medical coders earns the least in the following Kansas counties:
- Douglas County - $27,460 per year
- Allen County - $28,880 per year
- Butler County - $30,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in medical coding. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Kansas
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Kansas
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||2,370||$31,790||-3.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Kansas