There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Kansas!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Kansas
Each year, approximately 2.6% of Kansas graduates receive certificates in nurse assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 2,365 nursing assistants graduate from Kansas' 13 nursing assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a nursing assistant program is Washburn Institute of Technology, which is located in Topeka. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. 302 students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from Washburn Institute of Technology in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Kansas with a nursing assistant program is Salina Area Technical College, which is located in Salina. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, Salina Area Technical College graduated 184 students from its nursing assistant program. The tuition rate at Salina Area Technical College was $3,584 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas that has a nursing assistant program is North Central Kansas Technical College. North Central Kansas Technical College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Beloit. In 2010, North Central Kansas Technical College graduated 78 students from its nursing assistant programs. Tuition at North Central Kansas Technical College was $4,312 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' nursing assistant schools ranges from $5,328 per year to $1,920 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,617 per year. The Kansas nursing assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wichita Area Technical College - located in Wichita, students are charged $5,328 per year
- North Central Kansas Technical College - located in Beloit, students are charged $4,312 per year
- Salina Area Technical College - located in Salina, students are charged $3,584 per year
The nursing assistant schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
A large number of Kansas nursing assistant graduates become nursing assistants. 19,840 nursing assistants were working in Kansas in 2010. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of nursing assistants are:
- Allen County - 8,280 nursing assistants
- Butler County - 3,370 nursing assistants
- Jackson County - 2,300 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 23,210 nursing assistants will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 18%.
On average, a nursing assistant earns a salary of $23,000 per year in Kansas state. But, salaries for nursing assistants can vary. In 2010, nursing assistants made as little as less than $16,320 per year or as much as more than $32,170 per year in Kansas. The counties in Kansas with the highest average salary for a nursing assistant are:
- Jackson County - $25,160 per year
- Douglas County - $23,020 per year
- Butler County - $22,770 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Kansas counties:
- Geary County - $20,210 per year
- Allen County - $21,170 per year
- Butler County - $22,770 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse assisting in Kansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Kansas
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||19,840||$23,000||-6.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Kansas