There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas that has a radiology technician program is Newman University. Newman University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Wichita. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Newman University's radiology technician program. Students at Newman University paid $20,712 per year in tuition fees.
Fort Hays State University, which is located in Hays, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Fort Hays State University graduated 30 students from its radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Fort Hays State University was $3,942 per year.
Washburn University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Topeka. Students at Washburn University paid $6,296 per year in tuition fees.
Radiology technician schools in Kansas, charge students an average tuition of $7,285 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,712 per year, or as little as $2,180 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Friends University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,040 per year
- Washburn University - located in Topeka, students are charged $6,296 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Dodge City Community College - located in Dodge City, students are charged $2,180 per year
- Cowley County Community College - located in Arkansas City, students are charged $2,232 per year
- Labette Community College - located in Parsons, students are charged $2,310 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Kansas pursue careers as a radiology technician. In 2010, there were 2,370 radiology technicians working in Kansas. In Kansas, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Allen County - 740 radiology technicians
- Butler County - 470 radiology technicians
- Jackson County - 210 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,590 radiology technicians will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 13%.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $48,370 per year in Kansas state. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Kansas counties:
- Butler County - $49,510 per year
- Douglas County - $49,500 per year
- Jackson County - $47,820 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Kansas counties:
- Allen County - $44,010 per year
- Geary County - $44,680 per year
- Jackson County - $47,820 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in radiology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Kansas
- Certificate in Radiology in Kansas
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||1,970||$177,070||101.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Kansas