There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Kentucky
Each year, approximately 1.2% of Kentucky graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Kentucky's 26 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 1,611 administrative assistants each year.
Western Kentucky University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Bowling Green. 10 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Western Kentucky University in 2010. The tuition rate at Western Kentucky University was $7,560 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a administrative assistant program is Daymar College-Paducah Main. Daymar College-Paducah Main, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Paducah. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Daymar College-Paducah Main administrative assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a administrative assistant program is Murray State University. Murray State University, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Murray. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Murray State University administrative assistant program. Tuition at Murray State University was $6,264 per year.
Tuition at Kentucky's administrative assistant schools ranges from $17,100 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,738 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Sullivan University - located in Louisville, students are charged $17,100 per year
- Spencerian College - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,960 per year
- Daymar College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,295 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Hopkinsville Community College - located in Hopkinsville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Ashland Community and Technical College - located in Ashland, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Bowling Green Technical College - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $3,120 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Kentucky go on to work as an administrative assistant. 15,220 administrative assistants were working in Kentucky in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky administrative assistants:
- Clark County - 4,890 administrative assistants
- Bourbon County - 2,190 administrative assistants
- Anderson County - 2,020 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Kentucky will grow to 24,680. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
On average, administrative assistants earn $35,830 per year. However, Kentucky administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,390 per year to more than $51,310 per year in 2010. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bourbon County - $37,360 per year
- Clark County - $36,700 per year
- Daviess County - $35,900 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bell County - $32,890 per year
- Hardin County - $33,240 per year
- Ballard County - $33,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Kentucky and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Kentucky
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Kentucky
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||22,180||$25,670||-13.9%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||17,780||$26,480||-11.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||15,220||$35,830||-22.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Kentucky