There are schools offering beauty programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a beauty program is Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown. Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Elizabethtown. 90 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a beauty program is Southeast School of Cosmetology, which is located in Manchester. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Southeast School of Cosmetology graduated 31 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a beauty program is Trend Setters Academy-Louisville. Trend Setters Academy-Louisville, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. In 2010, Trend Setters Academy-Louisville graduated 85 students from its beauty programs. The tuition rate at Trend Setters Academy-Louisville was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky beauty school, average tuition will be $808 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $3,200 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky beauty schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Gateway Community and Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College - located in Lexington, students are charged $3,170 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ashland Community and Technical College - located in Ashland, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
A beauty certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager are the professions of choice for a majority of beauty graduates in Kentucky. Kentucky had 8,270 beauty professionals in 2010. 3,280 of these beauty professionals were hairdressers, 100 were estheticians, and 2,550 were cosmetology instructors. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of beauty professional are:
- Clark County - 2,220 beauty professionals
- Bourbon County - 1,150 beauty professionals
- Anderson County - 850 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,740 beauty professionals working in Kentucky then. Of these 13,740 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 7,020 will be hairdressers, 160 will be estheticians, and an unknown number will be cosmetology instructors.
On average, beauty professionals earn a salary of $33,195 per year in Kentucky state. However, Kentucky beauty professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,610 per year to more than $77,950 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Bourbon County - $33,057 per year
- Bell County - $32,513 per year
- Edmonson County - $32,467 per year
The Kentucky counties with the lowest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Hardin County - $23,535 per year
- Adair County - $23,740 per year
- Anderson County - $27,810 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Kentucky were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $47,450 per year
- Esthetician - $33,000 per year
- Salon Manager - $28,830 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Salon Manager - $28,830 per year
- Hairdresser - $23,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Beauty in Kentucky
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,280||$23,500||-3.5%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,550||$47,450||2.8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||2,340||$28,830||17.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Kentucky