There are schools offering business degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky with a business program is Centre College, which is located in Danville. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Centre College's business program. Students at Centre College paid $32,600 per year in tuition fees.
University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a business program. It is located in Lexington. 907 students graduated with degree in business from University of Kentucky in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a business program is Berea College. Berea College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Berea. 23 students graduated with degree in business from Berea College in 2010. Tuition at Berea College was $910 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,471 per year, though tuition can range from $32,600 per year to $910 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Centre College - located in Danville, students are charged $32,600 per year
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
The business schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Maysville Community and Technical College - located in Maysville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Ashland Community and Technical College - located in Ashland, students are charged $3,120 per year
A business degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Many Kentucky business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. If you decide to work as a business professional in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 58,350 Kentucky business professional as of 2010. This number includes business analysts, 3,970 chief executive officers, and 22,820 operations managers. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Clark County - 23,580 business professionals
- Bourbon County - 8,470 business professionals
- Anderson County - 5,800 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 65,310 business professionals will be working in Kentucky. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 14%.
On average, business professionals earn $71,548 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $17,380 per year or as much as more than $164,700 per year in Kentucky. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Ballard County - $76,256 per year
- Clark County - $76,058 per year
- Bell County - $75,433 per year
Business professionals in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Anderson County - $65,409 per year
- Adair County - $70,127 per year
- Hardin County - $72,398 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $149,110 per year
- Operations Manager - $91,140 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $85,860 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Kentucky were:
- Loan Officer - $50,310 per year
- Credit Counselor - $39,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Business in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Kentucky
- Certificate in Business in Kentucky
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||22,820||$91,140||-4.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,660||$56,100||5.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,870||$66,180||-6.0%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,660||$75,380||245.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,140||$85,860|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,030||$79,210||27.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Kentucky