There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a clinical psychology program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. 13 students graduated with a degree in clinical psychology from University of Kentucky in 2010. Tuition at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
University of Louisville, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a clinical psychology program. It is located in Louisville. In 2010, 6 students graduated from University of Louisville clinical psychology program. University of Louisville charged in-state students $8,424 in tuition fees per year.
Spalding University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a clinical psychology program. It is located in Louisville. In 2010, Spalding University graduated 48 students from its clinical psychology programs. Students at Spalding University paid $18,150 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Kentucky's clinical psychology schools ranges from $19,015 per year to $6,264 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,577 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Union College - located in Barbourville, students are charged $19,015 per year
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
- University of Kentucky - located in Lexington, students are charged $8,610 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
- Eastern Kentucky University - located in Richmond, students are charged $7,084 per year
A clinical psychology degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky clinical psychology graduates become clinical psychologists. If you decide to work as a clinical psychologist in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,140 Kentucky clinical psychologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Kentucky clinical psychologists are working in the following counties:
- Clark County - 330 clinical psychologists
- Bourbon County - 230 clinical psychologists
- Anderson County - 170 clinical psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,580 clinical psychologists will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of clinical psychologists to grow by 9%.
On average, clinical psychologists earn $54,860 per year. However, this number is only an average. clinical psychologists in Kentucky had varying salaries from $27,560 to $92,190 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for clinical psychologists:
- Clark County - $63,030 per year
- Daviess County - $61,230 per year
- Adair County - $57,320 per year
On average, clinical psychologists earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Edmonson County - $50,690 per year
- Bourbon County - $51,290 per year
- Bell County - $51,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in clinical psychology in Kentucky and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in Kentucky
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mental Health Counselors||1,280||$35,620||172.3%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||1,140||$54,860||11.8%|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||260||$43,150||73.3%|
|Psychologists, All Other||140||$76,840||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in Kentucky