There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a cosmetology program is Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown. Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Elizabethtown. 90 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Trend Setters Academy of Beauty Culture-Elizabethtown in 2010.
Southeast School of Cosmetology, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Manchester. 31 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Southeast School of Cosmetology in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a cosmetology program is Trend Setters Academy-Louisville. Trend Setters Academy-Louisville, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. 85 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Trend Setters Academy-Louisville in 2010. Trend Setters Academy-Louisville charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Cosmetology schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $808 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,200 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Gateway Community and Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College - located in Lexington, students are charged $3,170 per year
The cosmetology schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ashland Community and Technical College - located in Ashland, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as a cosmetologist. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,280 Kentucky cosmetologists as of 2010. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 1,130 cosmetologists
- Bourbon County - 540 cosmetologists
- Anderson County - 290 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,020 cosmetologists working in the Kentucky then.
A cosmetologist in Kentucky earns $23,500 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. cosmetologists in Kentucky had varying salaries from $15,610 to $39,950 per year in 2010. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bell County - $29,460 per year
- Bourbon County - $23,560 per year
- Edmonson County - $23,130 per year
The following counties in Kentucky have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Adair County - $18,080 per year
- Ballard County - $19,710 per year
- Daviess County - $19,840 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Kentucky
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,280||$23,500||-3.5%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||190||$22,760||18.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Kentucky